One-Man Big Band

Another topic for DCC's jazz section 

This has got to be one of my favorite videos of James Morrison, an Australian musician who is one of the most impressive multi-instrumentalists I am aware of today in the jazz realm. He recorded himself playing every instrument in the standard jazz band (except drums). It's highly impressive to me that someone could achieve such a high level on many different instruments that each require a different technique. Even if you aren't a jazz fan, anyone can at least appreciate watching Morrison nod his head in admiration of himself playing the trumpet and trombone solos. :P

If you want to hear more of this album, you can look for the album "Snappy Too - James Morrison".

• Like 1

😮 I was confused while watching it until I read this topic. Wow I legit first thought it was a group of people and then saw it was just him. This is so cool, I enjoyed listening to it. I don’t understand how people are capable of playing the trumpet, man I tried once and almost snapped my jaw tbh. :P It hurt so bad. This is great! Please do share more if you have any other favorites. 

• Like 1
On 1/22/2019 at 12:05 PM, Artistical said:

😮 I was confused while watching it until I read this topic. Wow I legit first thought it was a group of people and then saw it was just him. This is so cool, I enjoyed listening to it. I don’t understand how people are capable of playing the trumpet, man I tried once and almost snapped my jaw tbh. :P It hurt so bad. This is great! Please do share more if you have any other favorites. 

On 1/22/2019 at 8:21 AM, Fernanda Corona said:

That is really good Grant! I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the rich trombone and brass sound from this video. If you have any more could you please share them on here? I would love to listen to more pro rich music.

Yeah, I agree, it is pretty crazy. I know a guy who is a very good saxophone player who also is quite proficient on the guitar and can play drums as well, which is something I'm quite impressed by.