Gramps

The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress

41t905kX+iL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Has anyone read this science fiction classic by Robert A. Heinlein? Here is a description I copied from Amazon:

It is a tale of revolution, of the rebellion of the former Lunar penal colony against the Lunar Authority that controls it from Earth. It is the tale of the disparate people--a computer technician, a vigorous young female agitator, and an elderly academic--who become the rebel movement's leaders. And it is the story of Mike, the supercomputer whose sentience is known only to this inner circle, and who for reasons of his own is committed to the revolution's ultimate success.

I recommend this to anyone interested in scifi, revolution, libertarianism, or Artificial Intelligence. What a great book!

Spoiler

Some really interesting concepts the book discusses:

- Polygamous marriages

- Anonymous networks

- Resource management when dealing with exporting and importing goods from/to Earth.

My favorite quote comes from this novel.

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

• Like 1