Your Daily Screen Time?

1 hour ago, Wester said:

What do you do to prevent eye and hand damage?

I've only been in this role for six months to be fair.

But on off days like today I go camping or hiking or something.

I'm downtown hanging out at a brewery right now.

I know I spend quite a bit a time on my computer and on my phone, so I probably have several hours of screen time on a given day if you really add up every single moment I'm looking at a device. Both my phone and computer have become such a common part of my life that it's hard to imagine a day without using them. Even when I'm practicing my trumpet, I'm using my phone as a metronome and to record myself. :P

More time than I should have.

Pretty much all my time actually except when I'm attending class. I'm a computer engineering student so even some amount of my 9 to 5 is spent in front of a computer. Otherwise I'm always using a phone or my laptop.

Even though getting a phone has made my life simpler, I sometimes wish I never had it because now I can't survive without external stimulation. I enjoyed pre-phone days because I used to think more deeply about stuff. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Agent P said:

People on DCC are hardcore. I am in the top two people with the fastest typing speed in my class but am definitely on the lower end of the spectrum here, too.

A lot of us are also university students that do a lot of classwork on a laptop. I saw this meme about university the other day that's so accurate.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text that says '@persianthoughtz College is mostly just sitting with a a laptop in different places'

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Master Flap said:

Even though getting a phone has made my life simpler, I sometimes wish I never had it because now I can't survive without external stimulation. I enjoyed pre-phone days because I used to think more deeply about stuff. 

I definitely agree with this. We've come to rely on our phones and computers so much that it seems inconceivable to imagine life without them.

• Like 1

Like 7/8 hours, it varies.. sometimes more sometimes less..

(I was just on FaceTime for 3 hours 🤪) Anyways, this time also includes watching TV shows/ YouTube and my work) 

I’ve cut down going on my phone throughout the day (as this was one of my New Years resolutions), I just go on my laptop a lot because of uni work. I prefer everything typed up and.....this semester I have 3 assignments (so my screen time will probably increase because of this)

Edited by SeedlingxD
On 2/11/2019 at 12:17 AM, Liberty said:

A lot of us are also university students that do a lot of classwork on a laptop. I saw this meme about university the other day that's so accurate.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text that says '@persianthoughtz College is mostly just sitting with a a laptop in different places'

That's true. On days when I can take my phone to school my screen time on my phone easily extends to 7 hours and I don't even need to use it

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Since everyone’s quarantining, I think it’d be interesting to see everyone’s screen on time now.

My daily average in the last week is 8 hours. Bruh. But to be fair most of the time I keep my phone’s screen on even when I’m working on my laptop. Not to make excuses though 😛 

Wait till you get a load of this. My average screen time is 3 hours 42 minutes per day and it's 12% down from last week. My weekly total, however.... 25 hours and 59 minutes. 12 hours and 37 minutes coming from Instagram and 7 hours 17 minutes from TikTok. I'm ashamed to say it got worse during this pandemic but before that, I used to average 20 minutes per day. 

• 4 weeks later...