Salutations!

Hey everyone, my name is Dave!

I was introduced to this by liberty so thanks to her or I probably wouldn’t have known about this. 

I’m 19 years old, I’m in college studying film, and I play drums. I also have a physical disability (disclaimer: I like to joke about myself a lot so don’t be alarmed if I say anything lol) and due to it I use an electric wheelchair to get around long distances. 

Like I said, I go to school for film, and I also play an adaptive sport called power soccer. In my spare time I usually listen to music, play video games, and stream to twitch. 

Super happy to be here, I hope to make many new friends! :]

p.s. don’t be afraid to ask questions about my disability, I have probably been asked every question under the sun. It’s okay to be curious :]

Edited by iDave
  • Like 10
7 hours ago, Teddykat said:

Hey Dave, welcome to DCC!! I hope you'll enjoy your time on here :)

Oh man for how long have you had a physical disability? (If you don't mind me asking)

I’ve been disabled since birth! 

38 minutes ago, Master Flap said:

Welcome to DCC, Dave!

Do you play Minecraft by any chance?

I do every now and then, I think I’ve streamed it before as well aha!

Hey! Welcome to DCC. :)

My brother uses an electric wheelchair too, it's hard to keep up with him when he's practically zooming past me. But he makes sure I'm able to follow him! :P

Hope to see you around the community, it'll be fun to get to know you. :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Master Flap said:

That's great! We are working on a DCC server. Would love to play with you sometime! 

I might just get to streaming it as well if that’s fine with you all :]

25 minutes ago, Artistical said:

Hey! Welcome to DCC. :)

My brother uses an electric wheelchair too, it's hard to keep up with him when he's practically zooming past me. But he makes sure I'm able to follow him! :P

Hope to see you around the community, it'll be fun to get to know you. :)

How old is your brother if you don’t mind me asking? Also if you wouldn’t mind PMing me where you all live. I’d love to get him into Power Soccer! I feel like he would love it!

24 minutes ago, iDave said:

How old is your brother if you don’t mind me asking? Also if you wouldn’t mind PMing me where you all live. I’d love to get him into Power Soccer! I feel like he would love it!

He’s turning 27 this year, he was also born with physical disabilities - I believe he had 7 surgeries on each leg. He plays basketball and is a huge fan of baseball! I think soccer would be a little difficult for him because his feet aren’t really flexible. I might be thinking it differently though, how does Power Soccer work? We can definitely continue this in PM. :)

7 hours ago, Rosettaroses said:

Hi Dave! So happy that you joined DCC! That's cool that you're a film student! What made you decide to study film? :) 

I decided to study film because I personally thought I’d be able to go farther with it than my previous choice. I was set on studying music technology but the basis for the classes there involved a bunch of music theory and honestly I was never good at it. 

I found a passion for story telling and I’m especially fascinated by the post production side of films. I really got into video editing at a relatively young age, didn’t think much of it at the time but that’s where my heart really lies at the moment. 

If you or anyone you know needs any videos put together, I will gladly do it free of charge for them :]

• Like 1
8 hours ago, iDave said:

I decided to study film because I personally thought I’d be able to go farther with it than my previous choice. I was set on studying music technology but the basis for the classes there involved a bunch of music theory and honestly I was never good at it. 

I found a passion for story telling and I’m especially fascinated by the post production side of films. I really got into video editing at a relatively young age, didn’t think much of it at the time but that’s where my heart really lies at the moment. 

If you or anyone you know needs any videos put together, I will gladly do it free of charge for them :]

I too am a story teller. Awesome!

• Like 1

Is there someone that you look up to?  What is your biggest inspiration? 

Life can get crazy sometimes, and there are times where we have to deal with stressful situations. How do you handle stress? Do you practice self-care? :) 

sorry if there’s a lot of questions ..😅

@iDave

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Rosettaroses said:

Is there someone that you look up to?  What is your biggest inspiration? 

Life can get crazy sometimes, and there are times where we have to deal with stressful situations. How do you handle stress? Do you practice self-care? :) 

sorry if there’s a lot of questions ..😅

@iDave

I tend to look up to a lot of people honestly. It's kind of hard to pick out specific people as everyone I've met in my life has had some impact on my life. I think one of my biggest inspirations is Shaquem Griffin, a professional football player for the Seattle Seahawks. 

Usually I listen to music and play drums to release stress. And honestly I don't really practice self-care at least that I know of. I don't pay attention that much honestly, I've been told I'm a pretty relaxed person as it is lol

• Like 1