Grant

Five Senses

If you were required to give up one of your five senses, which one would it be and why?

As a reminder, the five senses I'm referring to are

• Eyesight
  • Hearing
  • Smell
  • Taste
  • Touch

Personally, I would probably give up my sense of smell, because it would probably be the easiest to live without (compared to the others). Giving up taste would be survivable, but it would really suck to lose the pleasure of eating tasty food. :P

• Like 3

You know, I really love food. Food makes me happy so I can't give up my sense of taste.

There are people who are able to live without their hearing and eyesight. I don't know how they're able to do that, they're strong for it. Maybe not my eyesight but I can probably live without my hearing. But if I had to choose, I would definitely give up smell. It is the easiest out of the five. Maybe even touch, but thinking about it - it would feel really weird touching things but not being able to feel them. Imagine not being able to feel physical pain, I think there are some people in the world that have to deal with that and it's pretty scary.

This is a nice topic, I like this.

• Like 1

Touch is the most dangerous to loose, because you could have your skin broken, or a nail put thru you, for months and never know. Imagine not knowing if what you were touching was hot or cold or physically damaging your body?

Smell doesn't make much sense to give up, because like half your taste comes from smell. You're effectively giving up 2 senses for the price of one.

Sight and hearing I simply couldn't imagine losing tbh. It's a whole other world; although I'd rather lose hearing between the two in our increasingly sight/tech reliant world.

Taste seems to be the most practical and efficient to give up, to both minimize loss and improve longevity.

• Like 2

As sad as it sounds i think i'd have to give up taste. I tried to secure that as one of my keepers because i love food (fast food mainly), but when considering the trade-offs, I just couldn't give up any of the others.

• Like 1

Yes, I think I would have to give up smell. I love food, music, and... other interests too much to give up taste, hearing, or touch.

• Like 2

Probably taste or smell. If it was taste I'd miss my tastey foods, but I could also eat much healthier without it tasting so gross :P

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Echo said:

Probably taste or smell. If it was taste I'd miss my tastey foods, but I could also eat much healthier without it tasting so gross :P

That's actually I really good point; I didn't ever think of that :P

• Like 1