As we approach May, many of us finish our academic years and other activities and enter into summer. What are your plans for this summer? What do you hope to accomplish? 

For me, most of my summer will be spent working full-time, playing my trumpet in preparation for next school year,  marching band (which will start up in August), and moving into the housing facilities at the college I will be attending.

My main goal is to get my trumpet chops in good shape so I will have adequate endurance for marching band and so I am prepared for other auditions, and to become more familiar with the campus and city in which I will be attending college.

What about you?

• Like 3

Wow! You've got exciting goals to accomplish this summer. Good luck!

Since Ramadan is this summer (fasting month), I'm hoping to put most of my time into learning more about my religion. I also work part-time so I'll be working a lot as well. I haven't really done huge painting projects for a very long time and I want to paint something meaningful so I'll be doing a lot of thinking for that.

I'm also going to do a summer course for the second part of summer and apparently the only professor teaching it is extremely hard so I'm going to put a lot of effort into the course.

Other than that, nothing else really. Just going to relax and go out with my friends anytime we decide to meet up.

• Like 2

While having concluded my formal academic training a year ago, I still anticipate that I will have more time to myself this coming summer as work slows down. I intend to take advantage of that time to improve this forum. I also intend to enjoy some cold beer out in some country fields with some good friends...

• Like 2

I'll be working full time, on that grind for college money.Also taking a full stack web development course and trying to study the Bible deeper while maintaining a solid community and social life. Plus a bunch of other stuff, but these are some of the big ones.

• Like 2

My summer vacation is about 2-3 weeks long and isn't even during the "summer" season here (it'll be during the monsoons). 

Anyways, I have the following things to do:

• Get a lot of exercise and carry some of the momentum I hopefully build up once it's back to college.
  • Work on my developer skills - particularly JavaScript/ES6 (Node, React etc.)
  • Dabble into cloud and ML
  • Work on a dev project of mine
  • Work on another project with a couple of friends on a business idea. Will be good dev practice and also networking. 
  • Maybe get an "proper internship" done. Our syllabus requires these.