What's up with youtube

So I know this is my first day here but I want to see what you guys think about this topic. As I go on the internet mainly YouTube I am seeing all these viedos in my feed or subscription box if you will and these viedo are all about people's channels being took down, I'm thinking to myself well what's going on with YouTube's copyright policy because all these viedos are about movie review or viedo games. People are being punished for voicing their opinion on this so called content creator welcomed place. This makes me scared to even start a YouTube channel. So my question what do you guys think. 

• Like 1

There is a good video talking about it by GradeAUnderA, although it contains quite a few of swear words, so just warning you.

It basically talks about how YouTube doesn't consider the rule breaking on so many big channels, such as aggressive and violent prank videos or full-length videos within "reacting" videos, breaking the copyright guideline. For example, GradeAUnderA had made a 16-minute video bashing a reacting channel and then this same reacting channel made a video reacting to Grade's video, including the entire 16 minute video in his video. The reactor got much more views than Grade's original video had and so Grade reported it. All the money that was going to the reactor started going to Grade but coincidentally the reactor deleted the video, so no revenue came to Grade, declaring war. Many other YouTubers that have done nothing wrong have been affected by a glitch that they can't receive revenue from their videos because of copyright claims. There's just so much wrong with YouTube right now. Don't even get me started on the comment sections.

• Like 4

I love your feedback I did watch the video it makes some valid points.  Also watch I hate everything (disclaimer) lots of swear words. On the point of "reaction" viedos I don't like them I never have because  it's pretty much stealing someone's hard word and just sitting in front of a camera sometimes they just sit there and eat food. Not to be mean to those "reactors" that's the name I'm giving them they are just a bunch of talentless hacks. 

Youtube is slowly becoming a competitive platform. YouTube Red is a huge example. It's starting to have its own shows now, as a competition with Netflix, and it's slowly using the very essence of youtube, which it was 10 years ago when it started. That's a major problem these days, and film/game theory also addressed the issue with their video that was titled as 'no youtube rewind 2017' or something.

• Like 2

As a youtuber myself; I can tell you it's just a terrible site. It's a scary place actually if you put in a ton of work but don't have a big following. If my channel were to get struck down for no reason (which a lot of channels have been) I would not be able to get it back because Google customer support is nonexistent. The only reason some of the bigger channels are able to come back is because of the huge outcry from fans when they go down. 

Youtube Red is an example of how they just don't care about content creators at any turn, it's a terrible service and they're just raking in cash from it while still taking 70% of the revenue from channels like mine. The best thing for them right now is to put them in their place and give them real competition rather then let them try to monopolize everything. I'd recommend checking out https://www.vessel.com/ a lot of create content creators are on there. And while you can pay for early access, it's super cheap and totally worth it. The creators make around 7 times as much revenue on Vessel as they do YT and I've been told their support is a thousand times better, and staffed with actual nice people. People like Rhet and Link and Nostalgia critic are on there among others, really check it out. This site deserves to be supported. 

• Like 4

If your channel isn't big and it isn't making money for YouTube, YouTube doesn't give a flying feather about your channel. I mean the kinds of big channels that are on the front page before you sign in to YouTube. The ones that have millions of subscribers. False copyright claim? They don't care. A YouTuber called I Hate Everything got his channel taken down for nothing, and the only way he was able to get the problem fixed was by asking his fans to spread the word around. For some reason, YouTube doesn't have actual human beings to help out with YouTube support, which is pretty stupid if you ask me. 

It it bugs me that innocent people who do YouTube for a living can have their videos/channel taken down so easily, yet these reactors and pranksters who are violating the terms of use have no repereussions whatsoever. If YouTube doesn't do something about this, the site could be doomed. I could go on and on about this, but I'd rather not.

• Like 5
  • 7 years later...

Hi Guys, Vanced YouTube remains one of the most popular video-sharing platforms globally, with over 2 billion monthly active users. It offers a vast array of content, including music, gaming, vlogs, and tutorials, making it a go-to destination for entertainment and education. However, like any other platform, it also faces criticism and scrutiny regarding content moderation, algorithmic bias, and creator monetization.

• 2 months later...

Hey,

It's understandable to have concerns about YouTube's copyright policies impacting content creators' ability to express their opinions. While copyright protection is important, there's a need for clearer guidelines to prevent unwarranted take downs. This environment might discourage potential creators. YouTube should balance copyright enforcement with fair use rights, fostering a welcoming space for diverse opinions and reviews.

• 2 weeks later...

YouTube continues to dominate online video sharing, offering an endless array of content. From educational tutorials to entertaining vlogs, it's a platform that caters to diverse interests while also raising discussions about moderation, algorithm impact, and digital culture.

Edited by jessy78
  • 3 months later...

Addressing concerns about YouTube's copyright policies affecting content creators' expression is crucial. While respecting copyright protection, clearer guidelines are necessary to avoid unjustified takedowns. This environment may discourage potential creators. YouTube should strike a balance between copyright enforcement and fair use rights, ensuring a platform that welcomes diverse opinions and reviews.

• 1 month later...

Curiosity piqued by 'What's up with YouTube suggests a myriad of thoughts. Speculations about trending content, platform updates, or perhaps technical glitches may arise. The ever-evolving nature of YouTube fuels intrigue, prompting a mental exploration into the latest happenings, creating anticipation for new discoveries or updates.

• 1 month later...

YouTube continues to be a vibrant platform, constantly evolving with new features and content. From educational tutorials to entertaining vlogs, it offers a diverse array of videos catering to various interests. However, it also faces challenges, such as content moderation issues and algorithmic controversies. Despite this, it remains a staple in online culture, connecting creators and audiences worldwide.

On 2/19/2024 at 11:52 AM, genis77 said:

YouTube continues to be a vibrant platform, constantly evolving with new features and content. From educational tutorials to entertaining vlogs, it offers a diverse array of videos catering to various interests. However, it also faces challenges, such as content moderation issues and algorithmic controversies. Despite this, it remains a staple in online culture, connecting creators and audiences worldwide.

YouTube continues to be a dynamic platform, offering a wealth of content to a wide range of audiences. Despite problems such as content filtering and algorithmic controversies, its importance in online culture remains. The platform's capacity to link producers and viewers worldwide demonstrates its long-term relevance in the digital ecosystem.Gb Whatsapp

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/18/2024 at 2:51 AM, richardd said:

Curiosity piqued by 'What's up with YouTube suggests a myriad of thoughts. Speculations about trending content, platform updates, or perhaps technical glitches may arise. The ever-evolving nature of YouTube fuels intrigue, prompting a mental exploration into the latest happenings, creating anticipation for new discoveries or updates.

The phrase "What's up with YouTube" sparks a cascade of thoughts ranging from trending topics to technical issues. YouTube's dynamic nature keeps us curious and eager for new developments.Gb Whatsapp