DCC's official server

Server questions  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should the server be revived?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If so, should be a pure vanilla server, or with plugins?

• Pure Vanilla
    • Plugins
    • Pluging, but not too gamechanging, i.e QOL improvements.

DCC's MC Server 

Currently Minecraft version 1.15.2

In the midst of an entropic pandemic, where activities have been greatly impeded by an enthrallingly elegant virus, a few things remain constant.. one being the need for some product-favoured fun with others. Hence, with a re-re-kindling of our MC server, we bring a new world forth for all to enjoy. I've redeveloped the server as a free world where, within reason and caution, people can build whatever they'd like to their heart's content - the world barrier is their limit. There are a few plugins sprinkled here and there to increase the equilibrium constant K of the server, but otherwise nothing too game-breaking(more on that later). Now, with no further ado, here's our server:

Here's the wooden expanse that marks your spawn; griefing, explosions, and mob attacks/PvP are disabled here, so consider yourself safe here. 

Spoiler

2020-04-17_15.00.20.png2020-04-17_15.00.22.png2020-04-17_15.00.23.png2020-04-17_15.00.26.png2020-04-17_15.00.48.png2020-04-17_15.00.49.png

FAQ:

Hold on a sec. I don't like characteristic X of this server; can you fix X?

Shoot me a suggestion via PM, thread post, or Discord DM and I'll see what I can do. Please read the whole FAQ though, I might(or might not) resolve a question that you have.

Why doesn't your server have Minecraft version X.YZ.AB? There's already a snapshot edition of X.YZ.AB, so why don't you update your server to X.YZ.AB?

It's more than probable that server-side code hasn't been reliably compiled against X.YZ.AB, so I couldn't possibly update to that version without making significant cuts in the meantime. Furthermore, snapshot editions are not stable targets for server-side code, and plugins might not have been updated to X.YZ.AB, so I either have to update or wait for updates. Or... I could be a lazy bassturd, in which case you can pour some more ions(messages) on this thread/Discord/Minecraft to get some work precipitated.

I want you to add on plugin X. Why won't you add it?

First of all, plugin X might not be updated to our server's current Minecraft version, so go check that up. If it is compatible, though, I'll analyze it and see whether it works well and syngergizes with other plugins; if it doesn't, it probably won't be added; if it does, it probably will be added.

Why's the server down, dude?

I'll probably announce a scheduled downtime periodTM; if I don't, well, it's probably being updated, but that's on me for not telling y'all(and I do apologize in such cases.) If I don't tell you, then there's probably a product-disfavored solution-world outside there, and.. is that an associative group lying on the ground..?

How'd you get those screenshots to look so.. radiant and captivating? Is that a plugin doing its job?

No; I'm utilizing our good friend OpenGL and his shaders to make magic linear algebra do wonders for your screen in the form of GLSL. They are rather dependent on your GPU, though, and if your computer doesn't have a competent one, your framerates may suffer as a result. If you still want to try some out, go out to Optifine(a tool that allows for a wider range of Minecraft graphics customization), install it, create the folder `C:\Users\megag\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\shaderpacks` and slap down that wonderful mix of linear algebra and graphics to make your world a whole lot.. captivating.[1]

Wow, our spawn looks pretty.. mundane.

It might look like so, and indeed it will stay that way, unless me(or some kind soul) uploads a spawn design to the server. I currently don't have the time to design something exceptional, so a plane of wood will do so for now. 

How do we protect our builds? Our chests?

Every player starts off with two plots, both of which are squares 25 blocks long, or 625 blocks2 protected. Further plots are awarded for playtime. Plots will protect against griefing, explosions, and mob attacks, so have no fear leaving your plots unprotected. You can use /plot claim to claim a plot(make sure there are no overlapping regions); /plot free to delete a plot within which you are standing; /plot rename [plot name] to rename your plot, and /plot scan to display its boundaries(as noted by world boundary-esque walls.). You may also use /plot trust or /plot untrust to allow or disallow people into your plot. To "move" your plot, you can also use /plot setcenter and finally, you can use /plots, /plot flist, /fplots, and /plot info to list your plots, list your friends' plots, and to find info about the plot that you're standing in. I am currently working on a solution to chests - everything is in a WIP mode at the moment.

How about the rules? Will you treat us fairly?

Here's this: no power-tripping. No "all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." Everyone will be treated equally, and by these three laws(and their subammendments.) Are ya ready? Here they are:

Where's a top-down/bird's eye view of the world(s)?

Click here. The UI should be, well, pretty self-evident.

1. Be respectful/kind.

Be kind and courteous to other members of the server. Do NOT grief or otherwise modify anyone else's creations or personal property without their consent.

2. Be ethical.

Treat everyone with hospitality. Take into account everyone's ideas and respect them for who they are - humans.

3. Use common sense.

When you see a large, perhaps abandoned structure on this server, leave it be - the joie de vivre is neatly represented in those pieces of art. In all, use your common sense; listen, respond, and work with others. Of course, this does not preclude anyone from criticism and review; it just holds everyone to a level of human decency - a trait all too uncommon in digital hierarchies.

Spoiler

Would you like to see our official server revived? Then vote in the polls. I need to gauge interest, so input is appreciated.

DEC 28 18

[1]: As of time of writing, 4/17/20 2:05 PM EST, there is no non-preview version. There is one under the "preview section" as Optifine 1.15.2 HD U G1 pre13, but due to some odd bug, block cracking animations/mob hurting indications do not appear with shaders. 

[*]: Everything is subject to change and review; this server is a mere WIP.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Master Flap said:

It's not "Official". Official mans you're affiliated with the owner of DCC. :P 

BTW I built that castle while iron andwere fooling around with turrets. XD....Actually I was just trying to fix it up...

18 minutes ago, Ty said:

Awesome! If you were to create a vanilla survival server, I would be interested in joining!

This is vanilla. 

I guess I'll have to install Minecraft again. This could turn out to be fun! Oh and you should make the Server IP a bit more visible. It took me a while to even think of looking at the end of the video for it. I don't think anyone would watch 2 mintues just to find it, so might as well put it in the description at least?

3 hours ago, SilverCode said:

I guess I'll have to install Minecraft again. This could turn out to be fun! Oh and you should make the Server IP a bit more visible. It took me a while to even think of looking at the end of the video for it. I don't think anyone would watch 2 mintues just to find it, so might as well put it in the description at least?

Yeah I might add the ip at the start.

On 1/31/2016 at 11:07 AM, Master Flap said:

It's not "Official". Official mans you're affiliated with the owner of DCC. :P 

BTW I built that castle while iron and chain rule were fooling around with turrets. XD

We weren't fooling around. :P

• 1 month later...