Astronomy!

21 hours ago, Master Flap said:

Hmm... who needs help understanding how LIGO works (the system that detected them elusive gravitational waves)? 

Also, are we allowed to discuss theoretical physics here?

Yes, as long as it's theoretical astrophysics. And sure, tell us about LIGO. But ELI5 please.

19 hours ago, Jazlyn said:

Orion_constellation_with_star_labels.jpgThis is an Orion :| 

The most of that constellation I've seen was once when I visited a village. Other than that, I've inly ever been able to recognise the belt, and that too way far from the city. There's just too much dust/clouds in this region :/ 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
2 hours ago, Wester said:

Betelguese is the best star

Beetle Juice? ;D 

On 2/23/2016 at 6:14 PM, Light said:

Yes, as long as it's theoretical astrophysics. And sure, tell us about LIGO. But ELI5 please.

Just realised I never got down to doing this. :P 

• Like 1

I attended this "Space Camp" (that was literally the name) where we got to attend lectures by various big people in the Indian astronomy industry and we got to visit places like ISTRAC and stuff so while we (for obvious reasons) couldn't take photos we had a lot of interesting discussions (in which I didn't take part in because I'm dum) and stuff and we lost the quiz bc my team wouldn't listen to me and I learnt a lot about satellite mechanics so in case someone wants to see the notes (although they're incomprehensible and you'd probably get a lot of the info online or somewhere) they can PM me

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Agent P said:

I attended this "Space Camp" (that was literally the name) where we got to attend lectures by various big people in the Indian astronomy industry and we got to visit places like ISTRAC and stuff so while we (for obvious reasons) couldn't take photos we had a lot of interesting discussions (in which I didn't take part in because I'm dum) and stuff and we lost the quiz bc my team wouldn't listen to me and I learnt a lot about satellite mechanics so in case someone wants to see the notes (although they're incomprehensible and you'd probably get a lot of the info online or somewhere) they can PM me

LOL I was going to say Agent P attended something similar too but then I realized you are Agent P. :P 

I wouldn't mind those notes. I wish I got to attend these camps even though they have unoriginal names. 

Just now, Master Flap said:

LOL I was going to say Agent P attended something similar too but then I realized you are Agent P. :P 

I wouldn't mind those notes. I wish I got to attend these camps even though they have unoriginal names. 

Lol, yeah I've been getting confused because of the Nick Fury picture (I keep thinking I'm @aarone the champion)

Sure, I'll send them when I'm free. I'm not sure how much is useful but it doesn't hurt to read them. And yeah, I was lucky because a teacher in our school made sure we registered in the beginning of March lol

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Agent P said:

Can you send me them too please?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yo yo, what's good friends!

Totally psyched that this topic is here, as I'm kind of a space geek.

I'm planning on pursuing a career in Aeronautical/Astronautical Engineering for NASA or some privately owned space center or something.

I dunno, we'll see how that goes!!

-Time

• Like 1
6 hours ago, timespizza said:

Yo yo, what's good friends!

Totally psyched that this topic is here, as I'm kind of a space geek.

I'm planning on pursuing a career in Aeronautical/Astronautical Engineering for NASA or some privately owned space center or something.

I dunno, we'll see how that goes!!

-Time

Please be my friend. O.O

• Like 1