As the proud descendant of a very Irish family, naturally I love all things potatoes. Who else loves potatoes!? THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH THEM! I wrote an 8 page essay in Middle School about all the things you can do with potatoes.

Case in point, I'm skinning some potatoes to boil in garlic salt right now. Fast, simple, and very yummy. :)

potatoes are great. they're such versatile vegetables, probably one of the most versatile out of all of them. the only kind of potato dish i'm not too crazy about are baked potatoes, they're really bland tasting to me. probably just my mom's cooking though.

Edited by Emfoofoo
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Emfoofoo said:

potatoes are great. they're such versatile vegetables, probably one of the most versatile out of all of them. the only kind of potato dish i'm not too crazy about are baked potatoes, they're really bland tasting to me. probably just my mom's cooking though.

Put butter, salt, and pepper on baked potatoes and they are awesome. Or, adding bacon and cheese isn't a bad idea. Adds some good flavor. :)

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Put butter, salt, and pepper on baked potatoes and they are awesome. Or, adding bacon and cheese isn't a bad idea. Adds some good flavor. :)

butter, salt, and pepper don't really add to the flavour for me. i haven't tried bacon and cheese yet though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

potatoes are amazing. they're vegetables but if you do  it a certain way it can be healthy. 

I'm not saying vegetables can't be unhealthy. 

Anything can be unhealthy, can't they? Like if you eat too much spinach it's unhealthy, you need everything to be consistent. 

speaking of, has any of you saw the episode of Sam And Cat where they try to redeem a soda company and make their own recipe and then the speech at the end of the episode goes like something i said above? oh wait all of you are adults. 

WAIIIITITT 

adults can watch kid shows too you know? 

dont be 

ignorant 

cheers :D 

6 hours ago, johninstuff said:

potatoes are amazing. they're vegetables but if you do  it a certain way it can be healthy. 

Anything can be unhealthy, can't they? Like if you eat too much spinach it's unhealthy, you need everything to be consistent. 

speaking of, has any of you saw the episode of Sam And Cat where they try to redeem a soda company and make their own recipe and then the speech at the end of the episode goes like something i said above? oh wait all of you are adults. 

WAIIIITITT 

dont be 

ignorant 

Most everyone here isn't an adult lol.

Anyway, potatoes are <3. Check out this Irish potato recipe called Boxty:

http://www.chowhound.com/recipes/boxty-irish-potato-pancake-28172

Boxty was/is so popular in Ireland that there's an old Irish song that the women used to sing that goes something like this:

“Boxty on the griddle, / Boxty in the pan, / If you can't make boxty, / You'll never get a man.”

• Like 2
On 5/10/2016 at 7:37 AM, johninstuff said:

WAIIIITITT 

dont be 

ignorant 

like 1% of members here are adults!

100% like potatoes!!!