Conan Edogawa

Hangman

Should we have the man in hangman  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have the man in hangman

• Yes, because it would prove determinism!
    • No

Hangman:

Rules:

Guessing letters:

If you guess a consonant, I will generate a random number between 0 and 10, and if your guess was correct, you will earn ( rng_num * num_occurences).

One may buy a vowel at 10% of your total score, rounded to the nearest integer.

Guessing the word itself:

You may guess the entire word, or phrase at any point during Hangman. If you fail doing so, you lose 5% of your total points, rounded to the nearest integer. 

If you succeed, then you will win (num_of_remaining_letters) * (rng_num) points.

Seasons(i.e rounds):

What's new in Hangman are the seasons: At the end of every month, a season is concluded, the points are saved for posterity and the final leaderboard is posted here. Everyone starts on a blank slate with 0 pts at the start of every season. If a word goes over the end of the current season, then the season will end when the word is finally guessed.

It was previously Season I( - Feb 9th)

682033270_DCCHangman-keepthescore.co(29).thumb.png.1af81e7b5526f9f012789050ac0c89c5.png

JAZLYN: 814 pts

ARTISTICAL: 750 pts

GRAMPS: 532 pts

It was Season II(Feb 9th - Mar 11th)

713401505_DCCHangmanSeasonII-keepthescore.co(5).thumb.png.75b3300a44f9bbdf9181b13c5749ea6a.png

𝓐𝓻𝓽𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓪𝓵: 159 𝓹𝓽𝓼

𝑴𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒍𝒂𝒑: 151 𝒑𝒕𝒔

𝘘𝘶𝘢𝘤𝘬: 36 𝘱𝘵𝘴

It is currently Season III(Mar 11th - Aug 31st)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FAQ:

Why aren't your Seasons properly aligned, dude?

Given the somewhat lethargic(no insult meant) nature of the forums, I do sometimes have to drag out a season to allow for player score development. I may be on a hiatus, so watch out for that.

What are the rewards for ranking in a season, dude?

The 1st place winner will receive $8 in Amazon gift card money, the 2nd place player $5, and the last place player with $2. Rewards are subject to change.

Edited by Conan Edogawa
  • Like 2

E?

15 minutes ago, Chain Rule said:

Can you seriously not read the first post?

You never mentioned that no topics will be mentioned. I asked because when I play with my friends, we agree on a set topic and the word will belong to it, so we can guess the words related to the topic, not random letters...

It's fine though, this version is also fun :)

3 minutes ago, Agent P said:

E?

You never mentioned that no topics will be mentioned. I asked because when I play with my friends, we agree on a set topic and the word will belong to it, so we can guess the words related to the topic, not random letters...

It's fine though, this version is also fun :)

I answered, because when I talk with my friends I usually don't tell them cryptic problems, because they usually imply what I mean.

It's fine though, your answer is OK.

. _ A _ _ E _ _

Edited by Chain Rule
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Agent P said:

No topic? D:

4 hours ago, Chain Rule said:

Can you seriously not read the first post?

LOL. He meant is there no theme to the words by "no topic". :P He wasn't referring to the first post. :P 

• Like 1

A? E? I? O? U?

14 hours ago, Chain Rule said:

Yes, MF gets 8 points

NightOwl and Ria get 1.

_ _ _ _ _ 

I should get one too, I also guesses A and O!

Edited by Light