How do you find all 6 Trig. Functions?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for. Do you mean like if you're given 150 degrees, to find sin (150) , cos(150) etc.? Also, what do you mean by the coordinates thing? Are you asking for the trig function of the angle made by the position vector of that point? 

24 minutes ago, Master Flap said:

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for. Do you mean like if you're given 150 degrees, to find sin (150) , cos(150) etc.? Also, what do you mean by the coordinates thing? Are you asking for the trig function of the angle made by the position vector of that point? 

You know what? Ill tell u the questions since i didnt make things clear.

Given a point on the terminal side of an angle, find all 6 trig functions: 

(-7, 24)

And 

Find all 6 trig functions for the given angles:

150°

9 minutes ago, Quack said:

You know what? Ill tell u the questions since i didnt make things clear.

Given a point on the terminal side of an angle, find all 6 trig functions: 

(-7, 24)

And 

Find all 6 trig functions for the given angles:

150°

Yeah, that's what I thought. For the first one, find the slope the point makes with the origin. In this case, (-7-0)/(24-0) = -7/24 Then you draw a right angled triangle with the slope and the x axis. You know that tan is opposite side/ adjacent side so you can assume the sides of the triangle to be 7k and 24 k where k is a constant. Using Pythagoras theorem, we find the third side as 25k. Now use the definition of trig ratios to get the functions in that triangle. 

Well, just express 150 as a standard trig angle. E.g 150 = 90 +60. So, sin (150)  = sin (90 + 60) But sin(90 +x) = cos(x) Therefore sin(150) = cos (60) = 1/2 

• Like 2

I got super excited because someone asked a question I could finally answer but then I saw Shawn answered it... XD 

Remember when doing the trig functions that the secant, cosecant, and co tangent are the reciprocals and you should be fine.

Oh also, I used to always confuse which function secant and cosecant went to because its COsecant and then just plain secant but if you just remember it's different than what you'd expect than it's easy to remember. 

This post is kinda pointless but I wanted to say something because of how excited I got.... XD 

• Like 4
15 hours ago, Liberty said:

I got super excited because someone asked a question I could finally answer but then I saw Shawn answered it... XD 

Remember when doing the trig functions that the secant, cosecant, and co tangent are the reciprocals and you should be fine.

Oh also, I used to always confuse which function secant and cosecant went to because its COsecant and then just plain secant but if you just remember it's different than what you'd expect than it's easy to remember. 

This post is kinda pointless but I wanted to say something because of how excited I got.... XD 

lol!

yeah, i used to mix them up but i dont anymore! cuz ya just gotta remember: "There cant be 2 CO's"

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Quack said:

lol!

yeah, i used to mix them up but i dont anymore! cuz ya just gotta remember: "There cant be 2 CO's"

Yeah, it still confuses me a bit.. We're doing all 6 trig functions on the unit circle with degrees and radians in math right now and I'm actually super confused. :') 

In my defense, I was out a week from school because I was sick.. 

10 hours ago, Liberty said:

Yeah, it still confuses me a bit.. We're doing all 6 trig functions on the unit circle with degrees and radians in math right now and I'm actually super confused. :') 

Its actually pretty easy. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it :D

16 hours ago, Liberty said:

I used to struggle with trigonometry quite a bit when I initially learnt it. But after I understood the actual significance of the ratios and the notation, it was as easy as multiplication tables. 

• Like 1
On August 31, 2016 at 7:23 AM, Quack said:

Its actually pretty easy. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it :D

On August 31, 2016 at 0:55 PM, Master Flap said:

I used to struggle with trigonometry quite a bit when I initially learnt it. But after I understood the actual significance of the ratios and the notation, it was as easy as multiplication tables. 

Yeah I'm already starting to, missing a week of school threw me off 

• 2 years later...
On 8/31/2016 at 9:55 AM, Master Flap said:

even multiplication tables are hard for me.smh