Grant

DCC Rules (Updated as of January 2019)

Digital Community Café Rules
Revised January 2019

The DCC Staff reserves the right to moderate any objectionable content created by users as they deem necessary. Everything will be handled on a case-by-case basis.

• Always show a basic level of respect to all users.  While you may not like someone or agree with what they have to say, never attack people.  Use common courtesy and treat all members with respect.  Any criticism of another member’s work or opinion should be constructive. Don’t force your opinion on others. Do not harass or bully any members.

• We do not allow spamming of any kind. This includes advertising spam, random gibberish, or anything of that nature.

• We do not allow discussion of explicit sexual content, or any explicitly sexual images. This forum is for all ages. Do not post any links to webpages with explicit sexual content.  This rule applies in private messages as well.

• If you reply to a topic, make sure your post contributes to the topic. Anything off-topic is not a helpful contribution to a topic.

If there are any questions about which behaviors are accepted and which are not, please send a private message to a staff member.  As always, we encourage the use of the report feature to flag any inappropriate content.

DCC Staff

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Grant said:

Don’t force your opinion on others.

Great rules, Grant! Can you expand on this? I'm a little confused on what would be considered "forcing your opinion on others".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, K2D2 said:

Great rules, Grant! Can you expand on this? I'm a little confused on what would be considered "forcing your opinion on others".

When I say "forcing your opinion on others", I'm talking about being very assertive about trying to get others to think what you think, and being upset with them if they hold a different view.  In other words, it's when someone becomes incessantly pushy about trying to persuade you to adopt their opinion.

Here are some examples:

• Constantly trying to initiate a debate with someone, even if they aren't interested in debate.
  • Treating a person with less respect than you would if they held the same opinion as you (being intolerant of the person simply because of their opinion)

While there's definitely a time and place for debating, and we encourage constructive debates on DCC, there's a fine line between being assertive about your position while debating, and being overly pushy and rude about it.  It is okay to attack opinions in a debate if you can back it up with reasoning, but it's never okay to attack the person.

Hopefully that answers your question.

• Like 6

I have removed the no foul language rule. We have removed most of the cuss words from our word filters. The words that remain are still banned, but if you type them they will just turn to asterisks anyway. Typing in a cuss word that gets filtered is not against the rules, but bypassing the filters is against the rules.

You can expect more rules updates very soon.

• Like 4