Matt

Political Leaning

On 1/11/2019 at 12:41 AM, Matt said:

1. I am not in favour of trade barriers. I don't like the idea as I consider it unfair but they are still there because it is necessary that we encourage our small scale industries and protect them. We cannot simply let our money flow out of the country to the pockets of huge international firms. It never works I guess but it's still there. 

2. If taxation is considered theft by one then profit should also be simply considered as exploitation. At least that's what Marxists do, which I am thankfully not. 

Karl Marx argued that capitalism at it's crudest means paying the worker a price for his labour while selling it at much higher price. Profit is a fancy term for exploitation according to Marx. How do you consider profit not exploitation while considering that taxation is theft? (Marx advocated for both. I sincerely disagree with Marx in both the cases) 

3. Almost every public utility can be privatized but not all simultaneously. The reasons is toxic monopoly. What are the chances that there will be a firm providing utilities at much lower prices than others? Markets have a weird way of screwing up themselves every time with or without government surveillance. The company offering lower prices will often be suppressed by bigger ones. Big companies dominate the market, suffocating smaller ones. I'd rather pay tax than paying for evey single utility that is not set in the interests of citizens but only in favour of crony capitalists.

4. I know you do not advocate for anarchy. Anyone in a right state of mind would not. Also, my statement does not assume dissolution of business. What is a modern society with business? Modern day society rests upon the pillars of institutions like democracy, businesses etc. 

But, private security forces maintaining law and other is the single most worst thing I can think of. It is better to have no law and order then having private armies regulating them. Every corporation have different set of law, making the it the worst possible scenario. I do rather have heavy government surveillance in the name of law and order than corporations maintaining law and order. 

1) I can understand why a smaller, still developing nation would have this point of view. However; if these big firms are making money in your country, it is because the citizens of your country are supporting them. Free market ensures the consumer gets the best product. It puts the consumer as the priority over the nation. This is why I like it.

2) Taxation isn't voluntary. Financial transactions which create profit are voluntary. Labour is also voluntary -- there are no restrictions preventing the worker from becoming a capitalist entrepreneur.

3) I agree that not everything can be privatized at once. I am in favor of gradually shifting towards privatization. However; I believe it is government restrictions which create more monopolies than lack of government oversight. Walmart is a good example, at least here in the US. There is one in every major town or city. However; they would not be anywhere near as powerful without the government. Also, the chances are very good that if two competing companies that provide a utility go private in the same area, they will drive each other's prices down in order to compete.

4) Every corporation having different laws and regulations is the beautiful part about it. If one corporation's ideology does not match up with your own, you go to work for a different one. And in a minimalist society like the one I said I prefer, there is still a government creating laws and providing police services, but the laws can not be overreaching and the police is not heavily militarized.

On 2/5/2019 at 7:35 PM, Gramps said:

1) I can understand why a smaller, still developing nation would have this point of view. However; if these big firms are making money in your country, it is because the citizens of your country are supporting them. Free market ensures the consumer gets the best product. It puts the consumer as the priority over the nation. This is why I like it.

2) Taxation isn't voluntary. Financial transactions which create profit are voluntary. Labour is also voluntary -- there are no restrictions preventing the worker from becoming a capitalist entrepreneur.

3) I agree that not everything can be privatized at once. I am in favor of gradually shifting towards privatization. However; I believe it is government restrictions which create more monopolies than lack of government oversight. Walmart is a good example, at least here in the US. There is one in every major town or city. However; they would not be anywhere near as powerful without the government. Also, the chances are very good that if two competing companies that provide a utility go private in the same area, they will drive each other's prices down in order to compete.

4) Every corporation having different laws and regulations is the beautiful part about it. If one corporation's ideology does not match up with your own, you go to work for a different one. And in a minimalist society like the one I said I prefer, there is still a government creating laws and providing police services, but the laws can not be overreaching and the police is not heavily militarized.

Oh well, a late reply but here we go 

I'm all for free markets. But I still think that a developing country should try to protect it's small scaled industries and be critical of foreign investments in the long term because it may prove disastrous. The best thing I like about free markets is that it gives the individual the opportunity to innovate. 

But each corporation having their own governing or administrative laws is not a very ideal thing because I think law should always be governed by a constitutional body or a court. As you pointed out, that in a minimalist society it would be ideal to have laws administrating the functions of corporations with least governance but corporations today require reforms. The current management structure doesn't permit any business working without government interference. 

Also, updated 8values result. 😎

20190728_154656.jpg

I'm not a traditionalist tbh lol. Yeah I believe cultural values should be preserved but that doesn't mean I'm not open to progressivism. I'd say civil axis would be 50-50

Edited by Matt