Where's The Fair Use? - Nostalgia Critic

OK, the more I watch it. He does have some very good points. But it's mixed in with some bad points. Or rather some bad direction. I agree with him YT isn't the root of the issue, it's the law and the people who are abusing it. Those are the people we need to get out. 

HOwever I think he misses the point that the reason we're getting mad at YT is because of how they're treating us, not just with this but with all areas of customer service. We can never ever talk to a real person for any issue we have an we feel totally alienated. Maybe they do care, but we have no way at all to know because they're so dang terrible at helping us in any way. In almost any other service you can get a hold of someone to help you when you're having an issue of some sort. YT being the giant that it is shouldn't have less of this then the much smaller service companies, they should be way better then them! Google can afford it, they just don't care.

I actually respect this guy's position, and can get behind points of it. But I think there's a part of here there he's not understanding, and that's why I still will use #WTFU. Because Youtube can be doing more. 

Did they just realize this now or? As far from history Hollywood has always been corrupted. Its a constant fight between celebrities and directors. "Oh who said this, or they said what. He copied me, thats plagiarism" and so fourth. I do agree that they get treated very unfairly. There's Youtubers that are afraid to post certain videos because of copyright. Its really just one huge mess between "they shouldn't of copied them" or "Youtube/hollywood is being unfair" Unfortunately I think it has to do a little bit with society and "wanting everyones ideas to be original" instead of getting inspiration from others. Youtube has gone downhill over the years as well. They gotten more, studious and money greedy. Its overall just one huge situation that probably won't ever get solved , unless new people take over. 

9 minutes ago, Sky said:

Did they just realize this now or? As far from history Hollywood has always been corrupted. Its a constant fight between celebrities and directors. "Oh who said this, or they said what. He copied me, thats plagiarism" and so fourth. I do agree that they get treated very unfairly. There's Youtubers that are afraid to post certain videos because of copyright. Its really just one huge mess between "they shouldn't of copied them" or "Youtube/hollywood is being unfair" Unfortunately I think it has to do a little bit with society and "wanting everyones ideas to be original" instead of getting inspiration from others. Youtube has gone downhill over the years as well. They gotten more, studious and money greedy. Its overall just one huge situation that probably won't ever get solved , unless new people take over. 

No they didn't just realize it. If you watch the video you'll see he says this is just the latest in a pattern. This goes all the way back to when VHS became a thing. 

There is the other side of the coin here as well though with people who have abused copyright laws by using music and such they clearly just don't have the rights to use. 

The issue will be fixed eventually, like I said there are sites like Vessel who are providing solutions and eventually this will really hurt YT. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday.

12 hours ago, Frog_LQ said:

No they didn't just realize it. If you watch the video you'll see he says this is just the latest in a pattern. This goes all the way back to when VHS became a thing. 

There is the other side of the coin here as well though with people who have abused copyright laws by using music and such they clearly just don't have the rights to use. 

The issue will be fixed eventually, like I said there are sites like Vessel who are providing solutions and eventually this will really hurt YT. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday.

I watched all the way up to about 12 minutes, and I mostly got what he was saying. Like I said there's two sides to it and both are fairly guilty, from the way I see it. Just like you said it will be fixed eventually, we would have to move to a different website, like you said, or if we want to target the problem all together, we would have to team up and like revolt or ask Youtube to do something. Right now I see people just sharing their opinion about it, but I see no one trying to fix the problem.

(I said "like" a lot sorry)

44 minutes ago, Sky said:

Right now I see people just sharing their opinion about it, but I see no one trying to fix the problem.

people are doing all they can trying to fix the issue. Like I said before a lot of major content creators are moving to sites like Vessel and I have started supporting them there rather then YT.

49 minutes ago, Frog_LQ said:

people are doing all they can trying to fix the issue. Like I said before a lot of major content creators are moving to sites like Vessel and I have started supporting them there rather then YT.

Out of curiosity, which creators? I haven't heard of anyone moving at all. Maybe thats just because I'm not on that part of Youtube. I would like to point out as well, that moving websites does't fix the issue, it's just ignoring it. Is that what where you trying to say? 

1 hour ago, Sky said:

Out of curiosity, which creators? I haven't heard of anyone moving at all. Maybe thats just because I'm not on that part of Youtube. I would like to point out as well, that moving websites does't fix the issue, it's just ignoring it. Is that what where you trying to say? 

Nostalgia critic has went over there, TTV and Raht and Link are there as well.

Moving websites does move towards fixing it, it's taking business away from YT. When a company starts losing business, that's what drives them to change. Supply and demand. AKA capitalism. Competition drives things to be better, more competition for YT will keep them in check. There's nothing more that YTers can be doing besides use a better service and show YT that if they don't shape up, they won't use them exclusively anymore.