Enabling New YouTube Theme

Just thought I'd share with everyone how to enable YouTube's new theme since it's not there by default for everyone.

So, go to YouTube's site (obviously). I really hope you know how to get there. Ok, I'm worried here's a link.

So scroll down waaay to the bottom and click on this text: 

3a693a1896c94a8cb9983750935b3a7f.png

Or... click here if you're lazy. -_-

You should be directed to this page, click on the big blue button. (You know what blue is right?)

da7322b47c724cfe84c1414bfe6751fc.png

Now, you have another redirect (because for some reason YouTube think it's necessary to have a billion steps for something simple). It will show this page, there's another blue button for you to click. If you got it last time I'm sure you can figure this one out!

10851d405d9e43c4b515a784c911a693.pngNow, FINALLY, you have a brand new looking YouTube! It takes a very high IQ to get it but it seems worth it.

1d1f7be27af74f138d986c7931e9b480.png

DISCLAIMER: I hereby take no responsibility for any damage, hunger, or lack of pants caused by the above steps. If they don't work, delete System32 and try again.

• Like 4
On 6/4/2017 at 11:08 PM, Frog_LQ said:

No Google! I thought you were done changing things finally! 

In seriousness, this is kind of meh. I just worry about what it will do to hurt creators like other recent changes Google has made.

Well, for one, this new design is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrryyyyy buggy when it comes to comment sections and descriptions. Sometimes it shows descriptions/comments from a video you watched right before that one, and sometimes it just jumbles both comment sections. I really hope that's fixed, as I actually like the new design quite a bit.

On 6/6/2017 at 3:07 PM, Jake1702 said:

Well, for one, this new design is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrryyyyy buggy when it comes to comment sections and descriptions. Sometimes it shows descriptions/comments from a video you watched right before that one, and sometimes it just jumbles both comment sections. I really hope that's fixed, as I actually like the new design quite a bit.

At least they're not pushing it just yet. Hopefully it's working right by the time they make everyone use it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...